EU GDPR Technical Workshop
Are you ready for the new legislation?
This one day EU Data Protection Regulation Workshop is intended to be interactive so that the delegates grasp a detailed understanding of the proposed changes to the existing data protection law (The Data Protection Act 1998) and how the changes under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will work in an everyday practical situation.
The GDPR is introducing the most significant changes in data protection legislation in the last 5 decades and this workshop will give Delegates the tools they need to safeguard and future-proof their organisation
The course will compare existing data protection legislation and the ground-breaking new changes.
The issues to be covered include:
- The scope of the Regulation to include the territorial applicability
- The differences in the definitions under the 1998 Act
- The differences in the Principles under the 1998 Act
- A detailed analysis of ‘consent’ and ‘legitimate business interests’
- The new obligations on both the Data Processor and the Data Controller
- The new data breach reporting requirements
- The differences between the Rights under the 1998 Act
- The differences to the exemptions from the 1998 Act
- The role of the Data Protection Officer under the Regulation
- The role of the Regulator – consequences of non-compliance, sanctions and penalties
- The One-Stop-Shop Principle
- Data Portability
- Privacy Impact Assessments and Privacy By Design
- Codes of Conduct and Certification
- International data transfers
- The practical steps you should undertake for implementation of the Regulation
- Brief details about the related Directive for law enforcement agencies
What is included in the day
This Trainer led workshop held over a full day, includes course workbook, handouts, all the knowledge you need to prepare your organisation for the new GDPR, refreshments and a light lunch
The delegates will take away a wealth of useful information both in both knowledge and actual documentation
The GDPR will impose greater legally binding obligations on organisations. Data Protection Training will be mandatory, a DPO must be appointed in many cases, financial penalties increased to €20 million (or 4% of global turner – whichever is the greater upon calculation) and new stricter Rights afforded to data subjects.
- Learn about your new legally binding obligations
- Future-proof & Safeguard your organisation
- Identify commercial opportunities
|Course Length||1 day workshop|
|Location||Nationwide - call for details|
|Number of Delegates||10-15 delegates|
Need more information?
Call one of our specialist training consults for additional information about our Onsite Courses or to book this course.